Sunday, April 22, 2007

Mini Katana Repaired

Okay, I didn't build this one. I bought it almost ready to fly from Atlanta Hobby It flies great. It has a 250 Watt power system that puts out 1.5 times more thrust than the airplane weight. The great thing about the Mini Katana is that it flies like a normal airplane. Most 3D capable airplanes are strange in normal flight, but this one is a joy. It does beautiful touch and goes, knife edge, tail slides, etc, but it will hover too. The dry airframe is only about 13 oz.



Why the odd white triangles on the wings? Well, my dumb-thumbs flew her a little too low... I scraped the landing gear off, broke the motor mount, and destroyed the lovely fiberglass cowl. Now she is all better. The worst damage was from the sharp back-ends of the wheel pants poking holes through the wings. I had to do fairly major rib and sheeting reconstruction. Unfortunately, I don't have any transparent red covering, so I patched it with white.

1 comment:

Windansea said...

Dude, your last blog post was over a year ago.